I have a plan to finish more of my UFOs. The plan is something borrowed from one of my internet groups. It’s called a thread a day. Right now I am working on three projects…two of which have to be done as soon as possible and one I’m working on just because.
This plan works. Try it. Here’s the deal: sew one thread a day on one project. If that’s too confusing, try setting a timer for five minutes a day and sew. How simple is that?
Now you can disregard the rest of this column. Yes, I am making slow but steady progress on my projects, but did I finish anything? I would have made more progress, if my life hadn’t gotten in the way. If you really want to finish your UFOs, then I suggest that you:
- Don’t bring home a puppy.
- Don’t clean house, which is now eternally dirty because of the puppy.
- Don’t visit your 70-something father in the hospital.
- Don’t celebrate milestone birthdays at your house such as your husband’s 50th birthday.
- Don’t clean house. Oops, said that already, but that’s because I meant it.
- Don’t have a surprise party in honor of your son’s golden birthday.
- Don’t go on a fun-filled, four-day trip to the International Quilt Festival in Chicago.
- Don’t sign up for golf league or any other fun sport.
- Don’t work full-time.
Talk to you later,